They included dentist Mr Mills and doctors Morris, Garrett, Crawford, Wallis, Anderson and Cunningham.
Matron Stocks was in charge of the nurses.
Proposals for a hospital for Worksop were made by the Dispensary Committee in 1897, as a permanent memorial to Queen Victoria.
The estimated cost of building it was around £1,700.
Sir Henry Watson offered a piece of land on Watson Road for the site, where cottage hospital was built and opened on 24th May 1900 - Queen Victoria’s 81st birthday.
It had five beds and two bathrooms, but opened without the proposed operating theatre.
The staff consisted of a house surgeon, two honorary surgeons, a matron and three probationary nurses.
During the first year, 59 patients were treated at a cost of £505.
In 1912 the Duchess of Portland and Sir John Robinson opened an extension containing a men’s ward, children’s ward and new kitchen.
A new mortuary was also built at this time on a separate site.
A town public meeting was held in 1921 to consider extending the hospital as Worksop’s memorial to the First World War.
This was achieved by fundraising.