Trinity U14s get back to winning ways, while U9s defeat a plucky Misterton side


Wednesday, 14th December 2011, 9:04 am

Gainsborough Trinity U14s 5

Dale Park 2

TRINITY got back to winning ways when they played host to Winterton’s Dale Park who have been on a winning streak of late with some great results.

From the kick-off the visitors were pressed into there own half by Trinity forwards Corey Drummond and Brandon Scrimshaw,

Drummond took on Park’s defence and with an excellent cross found Scrimshaw who very calmly volleyed straight into the back of the net within the first 10 seconds.

Dale Park’s second kick-off was a carbon copy of the first with Trinity giving them no time on the ball and Trinity’s midfielder Sean Potts broke down the right wing and crossed the ball into Dale Park’s box and yet again Scrimshaw got on the end of it to score his second.

Dale Park responded in the first half and pulled two goals back, but Trinity hit back with a superb strike from midfielder Aaron Dixey to make the half-time score 3-2.

The second half started with a few changes to the squad with Spencer O’Hare playing full-back for the first time and the introduction of Joel Swain and Thomas Clarke to the midfield.

The back four tightened up as Trinity continued to press forward and Scrimshaw added another two.

Mark Raseborough and Aaro Dixey were excellent throughout.

Thanks to team sponsors Fosco On Site Services, Edf Energy, and Road Base Ltd.


Gainsborough Trinity U9s 3

Misterton U9s 0

ON a day when most games were called off due to the heavy frost Trinity were able to play.

They started well, passing the ball around and working hard as a team, Ryan Blanchard making the Misterton keeper work hard with three saves in the first 10 minutes.

Misterton defended excellently and kept Trinity at bay until Cameron Booth shot from close range to score.

Trinity increased the score when Libby Jarvis went on a run and shot past the advancing keeper.

Trinity’s game improved in the second half, keeping the ball by passing it around.

Their third goal came from a shot from outside the box from Brandon Smith that found the bottom corner.

Misterton deserved a lot of credit for their efforts and were only denied a consolation as Trinity’s stand-in keeper David Bavin-Eyre made a fine late stop.