Harriers finish third
Worksop Harriers continued to progress in county athletics by achieving their best results in the Notts Mini League Cross-Country competition.
The youngsters came away with five medals, including four gold and one silver, helping the team to a third place finish overall - one better than last year.
Lucy Harrop (U11s), James Lonsdale (U13s) and Mark Hardwick (U15s) were amongst those who won gold, as Aidan Needham (U11s) picked up silver.
The Harriers U13s boys team won their age category while the U11s and U15s girls teams both finished second.
Coach Michele Harrop said: “All the young athletes have all worked really hard this year and deserve their success.”
“When you compare their times to last year you can see how much they have all improved – well done everybody!”
The competition is a series of five events through the winter months.
Results from the fifth and final meeting of the competition held at Grove Leisure Centre in Newark:
- U11 girls secured third place in their age category for the 1,000m run. Lucy Harrop (3rd, 4:10), Emma Greaves (6th, 4:27), Erin Lonsdale (12th, 4:40), Chloe Turner (32nd, 5:26), Maisie Durkin (35th, 5:40).
- U11 boys secured second place in their age group for the 1,500m. Aidan Needham (3rd, 6:16), David Little (5th, 6:19), Callum Ward (11th, 6:55), James Nadin (16th, 7:15), Jo Dixon (18th, 7:29), Kieran Hall (20th, 7:39), Oliver Oakes (21st, 7:45).
- U13 girls came fourth in their age in the 2,000m. Bethan Dennis (12th, 9:39), Charlotte Oakes (15th, 10:08).
- U13 boys finished first for their age category in the 3,000m. James Lonsdale (2nd, 12:15), Daniel Little (6th, 12:47), George Earle (9th, 13:53), Nathan Langley (16th, 16:29), James Bedford (17th, 16:38), Bradley Smith (19th, 16:48).
- U15 girls came second for their age group in the 3,000m. Stephanie Oakes (5th, 14:48), Lauren Ward (6th, 14:56), Sarah Gooch (10th, 17:30), Georgina Page (12th, 20:50).
- U15 boys finished third in their age group for the 4,000m. Mark Hardwick (4th, 17:29), Ryan Page (13th, 22:48), Thomas Carratt (14th, 24:37).
The club’s attention now turns to a busy track and field season with Mini League, Lincs League and for the first time National Young Athletes League offering increased competition opportunities for all age groups.