After Saturday’s match police were called to the scene after reports that fans were throwing stones.
Other onlookers claim that further outbreaks of unrest and disturbances took place during the game.
Last week The Standard reported that Gainsborough Trinity FC have secured land at the former Castle Hills site to build a new stadium. Now, club boss Peter Swann says that they may consider separating the fans at future matches to secure safety.
Mr M Brown from Leverton in Boston witnessed the disturbance.
“I was horrified and angry at the attitude of some of the Trinity fans - they were racist, sexist and homophobic,” he said.
“This is supposed to be a family game but the language was disgusting and it made me cringe - there were children nearby - it’s just not good enough.”
He added: “There was fighting and the fans involved ejected - it’s pathetic.”
He added: “Finally the driver of Boston’s supporters coach had to request police assistance because a group of Trinity fans had gathered armed with bricks to attack the coach. There were small children on the coach - what message does that give? I cannot believe that the coach had to be escorted out of Gainsborough with sirens wailing and lights flashing.”
Gainsborough Standard football reporter Mikey Mumford was also at the match.
“There were outbreaks of trouble between both sets of fans,” he said.
“I believe coins or other objects were thrown and then the trouble just escalated from there and we could see punches being thrown until the stewards eventually came and tried to separate it.”
Trinity FC Chairman Peter Swann said the club would be looking into all allegations of ‘unacceptable behaviour’.
““It was a hot-blooded game on the pitch and very keenly contested,” said Mr Swann. “It’s such a shame that this incident has distracted from what was a very competitive and hard-fought game.”
“We’ve heard that there were people throwing coins and marbles in the ground and we are trying to identify the culprits and have them banned.”
Mr Swann went on: “I hadn’t heard about the offensive chanting and remarks, but we’ll certainly be looking into that too.”
“If there’s ever a disturbance involving violence or harassment then those behind it are evicted and the police are called. We have a good relationship with the police and this is a very rare occurrence.”
He continued: “The Northolme is a very open ground and we try to make it family friendly. We don’t segregate the fans, but we are now looking at that for future games. There are lots of kids and families at our games and they should always feel safe.”
“The most important thing is that no one was seriously hurt and that our stewards did the best job they could.”
He added: “The incident was handled well by the stewards and now we are just trying to gather more information to find out exactly what happened and if there is any action that we need to take.”
“If you have any information regarding what happened at the match, then please get in touch with the club by calling 01427 613295, write to us or get in touch via the website at www.gainsboroughtrinity.com.”
Lincolnshire Police spokesman James Newall said: “We were called to the Northolme and Marshall’s Yard area at 4.40pm after receiving reports of disorder at the football match and that youths were throwing stones.”
“Officers attended but the offenders had fled the scene.”
He added: “We would urge anyone with information regarding this to contact Lincolnshire Police by calling 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”