Town girls get first win of season


Worksop Town Girls 4

Dale Juniors 0

WORKSOP registered their first win of the season with a comfortable victory over Dale.

Kerry Fitzackerley scored her first goal for the team in an even first half.

Along with keeper Amelia Beswick, defenders Michaela Beswick; Annie Dawson; Phoebe Knowles and Grace Wankiewicz kept shots on goal to a minimum.

Worksop went 2-0 up in the second half with a goal from Bethan Dennis, converting a cross from Megan Edwards.

A thunderous goal from Sophie Pocklington and a second for Fitzackerley sealed the win.


New Bohemians 0

Worksop Town 19

THE young Tigers were two up inside five minutes and never looked back.

Sam Walker and Jordan Garfitt got those goals, before Casey Moore and Bailey Hall made it 4-0.

Owen Hannaby netted with two excellent free-kicks, and Jason Carter scored with a low drive.

Joe Robinson added another, Garfitt bagged his brace and Hall completed his hat-trick.

Walker took his tally to four, as did the tireless Moore.

Callum Dickenson nodded home from a corner and Ryan Watson was brilliant in defence to keep the hosts out.

Chapletown Athletic 5

Manton Athletic 2

A PHYSICAL encounter saw Chapletown take the lead after five minutes.

But Manton pressed hard and Adam Hamilton scored just before half-time.

Chapletown went ahead again in the second half before Nathan Pogson equalised.

But two quick goals for the hosts rocked Manton, and a fifth completed the scoring.

Player of the Match was Luke Dawtry.

Langold 2

Clowne 4

LANGOLD played a strong Clowne side and soon went one down, and despite trying to get back into the game fell further behind.

Tommy Moore pulled one back before Clowne added a third, but Benito Smith prodded home a second for Langold.

In a tense finishL angold pushed hard but left gaps that Clowne exploited, scoring a fourth.

Man of the Match was the outstanding Tom Clarkson.


AFC Dronfield 5

Langold Juniors 4

A DEPLETED Langold side were beaten by a narrow margin in an entertaining encounter.

Both sides scored with two well taken individual goals and two well taken free-kicks, but with minutes remaining and the match heading for a 2-2 draw Dronfield scored three goals in quick succesion.

Langold fought back and pulled two goals back only to be denied by the full-time whistle.


Worksop Titans 8

Stocksbridge Park Steels 3

TITANS remained unbeaten for the season with a great performance against stocksbridge.

The hosts took the lead after three minutes and 20 minutes later were 2-0 up after soon great football.

By half-time it was 5-0, and they added a sixth after the break, before Stocksbridge hit back.

Another two for each side completed the scoring.


Worksop Town JFC 1

Chesterfield Town 8

THE young Tigers started well with Sebastian Menzhausen going close, but Chesterfield soon went into the lead and never looked back.

Tom McIntosh worked tirelessly in defence but couldn’t stop the visitors from extending their lead.

In the second half the visitors were in complete control and scored at will.

Tigers did get a consolation when Marley Staveley tapped in from close range.

Beau Sisson made some great saves and kept the score down.


Thorncliffe Juniors 2

Worksop Boys 4

IN the first game Andrew Agnew ran the midfield and scored the opening goal.

Two quick goals from Baylie Marshall followed, and strong defending from Thomas King and Matt Mills kept the home side at bay.

In the second game Malachi Bradford headed in for WBC, and although the home side hit back with two goals Worksop held on with good work from Harrison Gill and Lyndon Trezise.


Worksop Boys Club 0

Wickersley Youth 5

WORKSOP put in their best performance of the season despite defeat.

Wickerlsey snatched two late goals to go 2-0 up in an even first half.

Jak Turner hit the woodwork and missed from close range, while Danny Haldon bought the best out of the visitor keeper.

The second period saw the visitors get three more, but Worksop finished stronger, with Marshall Gooding looking impressive and Kieran Whiteley solid at the back.

Man of the Match awards went to Jamie Lowe and Marshall Gooding,