Highways and maintenance works to the value of almost £700,000 have been carried out in the Worksop area since the beginning of April.
So far this financial year a number of carriageway and footway resurfacing works have been completed, as part of an on-going programme of maintenance improvement works within the town over the next few years.
“These works are all part of an ongoing programme of maintenance and improvement works planned for Worksop over the next few years,” said Coun Kevin Greaves, chairman of the County Council’s transport and highways committee.
“Combined with the recent opening of the new £3.2m bus station they show how much the County Council is investing in helping to improve the infrastructure of the town.”
Road resurfacing schemes carried out so far this year include:
- Gateford Road (from Victoria Square to Babbage Way) and Sandy Lane (from Gateford Road to Cresswell Road), carried out in August and September – value £250,000
Kingsway (from Kilton Hill to The Oval), The Oval, Sunfield Avenue (from Wingfield Avenue to The Oval), Sunnybank (from Sunfield Avenue to South Parade) and South Parade (from Sunnybank to Sunfield Avenue), carried out in August and September – value £200,000.
- Carlton Road (from Anston Avenue to Wingfield Avenue), carried out in July – value £100,000
- Victoria Square (junction of Carlton Road/Gateford Road/Eastgate/Bridge Place), carried out in August – value £100,000
- Footway resurfacing schemes include the following:
- Kingsway (from Kilton Hill to The Oval), carried out in July and August – value £40,000.
Bassetlaw area is also to benefit from the installation of digital information displays at a number of bus stops, including 19 in Worksop town centre itself.
In total, 30 bus stops across the area will be equipped with the displays by Christmas.
The displays currently show scheduled departure times for all services that pass the stop but by April next year it is hoped that the displays will show all Stagecoach departures in real time – similar to the displays at bus stops in the Greater Nottingham area.