Worksop: Firefighters attend incident... at their own station


Firefighters in Worksop attended an incident on Sunday morning... at their own fire station.

Staff said they could ‘smell burning’ at around 8.30am on Sunday 11th January.

A spokesman told the Guardian that crews traced the smell to a heater on an emergency generator which had ‘burnt itself out.’

Watch manager, Ian Cooper, said: “We isolated the generator and reported it to our control room.”

“I advise people to check electrical equipment regularly that is on all the time and check smoke alarms.”