FIREfighters spent two hours tackling a blaze at a house in North Anston this morning (Friday).
The fire had started in the living room bay window of a detached on Nursery Road just after midnight.
A 24-year-old-woman had managed to flee the property by the time fire crews arrived.
She had been woken by the smoke alarm in the property and managed to escape.
The woman was taken to hospital as a precaution due to smoke inhalation.
Crews from Aston Park, Maltby and Rotherham used one hose reel to extinguish the flames.
A television, curtains and the bay window were damaged by the flames. The rest of the house was smoke-logged.
It is thought the cause was an electrical fault.
“This woman was very lucky her smoke alarm went off and she managed to get outside,” said firefighter Andy Parker from Aston Fire Station.
“This is a classic example of how important it is to have a working smoke alarm.”