Toy recalled because of '˜choking hazard'

A soft toy sold by the popular Build-a-Bear company has been recalled for safety reasons.

By The Newsroom
Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 5:00 pm
Updated Wednesday, 27th January 2016, 5:04 pm

The Starbrights Dragon was sold between April 2015 and August 2015, in the company’s UK stores and has now been recalled because it could present a choking hazard.

The product recall states: “While the Starbrights Dragon passed all toy safety testing, it has come to our attention that the stuffing may become accessible due to a weakness of the satin seam on the middle section of the Starbrights Dragon, which could present a potential choking hazard to young children.

“Although we have had no reports of safety incidents from consumers and we are unaware of any injuries caused by this product, out of an abundance of caution, we are encouraging guests to immediately return the Starbrights Dragon to a local Build-A-Bear Workshop store to exchange for an available furry friend of their choice.”

The Starbrights Dragon, which has been recalled by Build-a-Bear.

Anyone who doesn’t live near a Build-a-Bear store should call the hotline number on 0800 432 0779, or visit for more information.

The Starbrights Dragon, which has been recalled by Build-a-Bear.