Fire at the Wesleyan
Dating from 1803 and built 20 or so years after a visit to the town by John Wesley, the Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in Bridge Street was erected. In 1845 it was enlarged with a schoolroom and vestry.
In 1863 a new chapel and school was built on Newcastle Street but it burnt down in 1969 and had to be rebuilt. Photo from our book Around Worksop.