A MAN escaped from a burning bedroom during an early morning blaze in Bircotes.
Fire crews were called to a house in Windsor Court at 5.24am on Sunday 18th November where they found a fire in an upstairs bedroom.
A man who had been in the property at the time had managed to get out safely.
Crews from Harworth and Worksop extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus.
A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to clear the property of smoke.
The main damage was caused by the bedroom being smoke logged.