House evacuated after aerosol can explodes in Whitwell

Three fire crews were called to Whitwell last night following after an aerosol can overheated and exploded.

Wednesday, 28th July 2021, 1:45 pm

Fire crews were called to Spring Hill in Whitwell at 7.47pm after a nearby resident heard a bang.

The front bay window was reported to have been blown out into the road, causing structural damage to the property.

All three occupants were out of the property when crews arrived and were checked over by East Midlands Ambulance Service.

Aerosol explosion in Whitwell

Read More

Read More
Multiple vehicles in Derbyshire side streets broken into with 'unknown device'

Derbyshire Fire stated that the incident was “accidental due to an overheating of an aerosol, it was not a gas provision.”

Three fire crews from Worksop, Warsop and Staveley left the scene at 11.40pm.

Derbyshire Police were on scene to offer support after the incident was deemed non-suspicious.

Colleagues from the Red Cross also came to support the occupants as they were unable to go back into the property.