House evacuated after aerosol can explodes in Whitwell
Three fire crews were called to Whitwell last night following after an aerosol can overheated and exploded.
Fire crews were called to Spring Hill in Whitwell at 7.47pm after a nearby resident heard a bang.
The front bay window was reported to have been blown out into the road, causing structural damage to the property.
All three occupants were out of the property when crews arrived and were checked over by East Midlands Ambulance Service.
Derbyshire Fire stated that the incident was “accidental due to an overheating of an aerosol, it was not a gas provision.”
Three fire crews from Worksop, Warsop and Staveley left the scene at 11.40pm.
Derbyshire Police were on scene to offer support after the incident was deemed non-suspicious.
Colleagues from the Red Cross also came to support the occupants as they were unable to go back into the property.