Harworth Mum ‘died at the hands of former partner’, murder trial told

A woman was allegedly strangled by her former partner after a row, a court heard.

By The Newsroom
Thursday, 21st March 2019, 11:26 am
Updated Thursday, 21st March 2019, 11:28 am

Stuart Hall, 48, has gone on trial at Nottingham Crown Court accused of the murder of Klarissa-Charline Faith at their home in Bracken Way, Harworth, on July 30, last year.

Outlining the prosecution’s case to the jury, Clive Stockwell QC, said 26-year-old Klarissa-Charline “died at the hands of Stuart Hall”.

He said: “His hands around her neck, he literally strangled the life out of her.

Klarissa-Charlene Faith

“It is unlikely to be an issue for you that Stuart Hall killed Klarissa-Charline Faith.

“What will be an issue before you, is whether his actions amounted to murder.”

The couple started their relationship after meeting a few years ago, but had separated by the time of her death, Nottingham Crown Court heard.

Mr Stockwell said: “They were still living in the same household, but both had come to the conclusion there was no future in the relationship and that was accepted by both of them.”

Klarissa-Charline, who was a mother-of-one to daughter Evie, who was 21 months old at the time, spent her time upstairs in the home and 48-year-old Hall would be downstairs.

He was due to move out on August 6.

The jury heard Hall, who has three children from a previous marriage, described his relationship with Klarissa-Charline as “amicable”.

On the day of her alleged murder he drove her to an appointment in Worksop.

Afterwards, they went to Costa Coffee in Blyth, returning home at 6.30pm.

Mr Stockwell said: “That time to return home was later than Stuart Hall had intended to get back home, because he’d made plans for the early part of the evening.”

He was going to meet up with his eldest daughter for her birthday.

He never got there after he allegedly killed his ex-partner within minutes of arriving home.

Hall’s son received a call from his father just after 6.40pm.

In that call, and the calls that followed, Hall allegedly explained to his son that he would not be able to visit as planned.

Mr Stockwell said: “He was asked ‘why’ by his son and he (Hall) explained that he thought Klarissa was dead.

“He explained Klarissa attacked him and he said he strangled her and did not mean for it to go that far.”

His eldest son went to the house and asked his dad, ‘is she dead?’

And Hall replied ‘yes, she’s in the kitchen’.

Hall has pleaded not guilty to murder.

The trial continues.