Five dogs rescued after unattended cooker fills house with smoke
Fire crews from Mansfield were called out on Christmas Eve after a house filled with smoke after a cooker was left unattended.
The residents had left food cooking in the oven and then left the property.
Five dogs were inside which were rescued by firefighters who got into the house in Leeming Lane South through an open window at around 6.20pm yesterday (Thursday, December 24).
Neighbours were alerted to the incident thanks to the smoke alarm.
The fire service would like to remind everyone to not leave food cooking unattended.