Fire crews from Worksop were called to a house blaze today in the town, today, Saturday 2nd May.
The crews received the call at 11.52am to attend the scene at Abingdon View.
It was thought a dryer in a utility room had overheated, sparking the fire.
They used four breathing apparatus, two hose-reel jets and a ventilation fan to bring the flames under control by 12.29pm.
A family of four were able to escape unhurt.
Firefighter Kevin Taylor said: “It was contained in a small utility room and there was smoke damage.
“Fortunately, the family were awake and it was fitted with working smoke alarms.”