A ‘desperate’ dad from Meden Vale spent a night in the cells after he breached a court order by texting his ex-partner to plead for a meeting with his children.
Anthony Douglas Hume, 27, of Egmanton Road, admitted sending 14 texts between March 19 and 31 when he was prohibited from doing so by a year-long non-molestation order which was made on March 10.
Mark Salt, prosecuting, said: “The basic theme is that he still has feelings for his ex partner and that he wants to see his children.
“His ex partner says she was very distressed by the number of them and the fact that he has ignored the court’s order.”
The court heard Mr Hume had also been bailed to appear at Birmingham police station on April 15 to face a similar allegation.
Abbie Edwards, mitigating, said: “Up until five weeks ago Mr Hume lived with his children and saw them every day. He has found it understandably very difficult to deal with it.”
She said he had been offered contact but ‘for one reason or another it has been cancelled.’
She said: “He is desperate to see his children and unfortunately he tried to text the complainant.
“He now realises the seriousness of that.”
The court heard Mr Hume lost his job in November last year and was now seeking work.
Magistrates banned him from entering Mansfield until he returns before them for sentencing on April 27.