An elderly man has died following a fire at his home in Hucknall.
Firefighters from Hucknall and Stockhill were called to the blaze, in Storth Avenue, around 1.15pm on Wednesday, April 13.
The 66-year-old man was rescued was rescued but has since sadly died.
Breathing equipment, hoses and thermal imaging cameras were used to extinguish the fire.
The crews then worked closely with the East Midlands Ambulance Service to give the man CPR before he was taken to hospital.
Neighbour Chloe James, 17, saw the events unfold.
She said: “There was just a lot of smoke coming out of the house - I was shocked.
“All we saw at first was fire engines and ambulances in the road.
“I saw the man being brought outside and there were quite a few people around him trying to resuscitate him.
“It was heartbreaking.
“Things like this don’t normally happen on this street so it was quite a surprise... there were quite a few people around who lived on the road.”
Police have said the fire is not being treated as suspicious.
A file is being prepared for the coroner.
Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service has also been in the Hucknall area to offer reassurance and fire advice to residents following the fire.