Creswell: Heatwave advice as crews tackle grass fire
Firefighters were called to a field fire in Creswell yesterday afternoon (Friday 19th July).
A crew from Staveley fire station attended the scene on Colliery Road just before 3.30pm.
Approximately 100 square metres of rough grass land was on fire.
They used beaters to put it out.
Fire services across the country are under increasing pressure, having to tackle more and more grass fires.
The heatwave conditions, combined with people carelessly discarding cigarettes, mean grass can easily set alight.
People are reminded to dispose of their smoking materials properly, making sure they are properly out before leaving them.