Callum Harrison hits late equaliser to rescue point for Worksop Town at Albion Sports

Callum Harrison, right, hit a late leveller for Worksop.
Callum Harrison, right, hit a late leveller for Worksop.

Callum Harrison scored a brilliant late equaliser for Tigers to earn a point in a 1-1 in testing conditions away to Albion Sports.

There were questions asked about the pitch as the players arrived. With the ground very hard still frozen in places, but the officials deemed it to play. But it’s safe to say conditions weren’t ideal for Tigers passing game.

The first clear chance of the game came early on for the visitors, as Julian Lawrence saw his goal bound effort blocked on the line.

Alex Cusack made the first chance for Albion on his own. Knocking the ball past the defender, running round the other side before firing wide of the post.

Lawrence had another chance for Tigers shortly after, finding himself in acres of space in the box but firing an effort well wide when perhaps a cross would have been the better option.

The hosts then had a couple of great chance to score. First Aran Basi flicked on a header, unmarked, which Omar Habib latched onto before narrowly firing over. With their next attack in form Marcus Edwards broke in behind, but dragged his shot wide of the far post.

We then had a short stoppage in play, as Basi went in hard on Tom Elliott leaving the Worksop man down receiving treatment. The Albion man receiving a yellow card, probably the correct decision.

Edwards had another chance to score just before the break, but was denied at close range by Jon Kennedy who blocked it wide at his near post.

As the players and staff left the field, the officials had to separate the opposing managers, as Kully Sandhu seemed to get in Mark Shaw’s face. It seemed to be over the tackle on Elliott earlier in the half, but thankfully nothing came of it.

A miss hit cross almost caught Kennedy off guard, Cusack crossed and it drifted over the Tigers’ stoppers head, but to his relief clipped the top of the crossbar.

The first goal of the match came on 56 mins as Albion took the lead. Elliott overplayed in his own box, the ball broke to Habib who twisted and turned before squeezing a shot in at the near post.

Kyle Jordan had a couple of late chances for Tigers to force an equalizer. He blazed the first one wide after a Matt Booth flick on, before narrowly shooting over shortly afterwards.

However there was to be a late drama in the match, and it came in the form of a goal for Tigers in injury time. After some good work from substitute Steve Woolley the ball broke to Callum Harrison who struck a superb 20 yard strike into the top corner of the net.

Tigers will have been relieved to leave with a point, on what was a really testing night.