Blaze in bathroom of Clowne house

Share this article

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a house fire in Clowne last night (Sunday 8th April).

Crews from Clowne and Staveley were called at 10.44pm to a blaze in the bathroom of a property in Monnies End.

Nobody was in the house when crews arrived and they began putting the fire out using hose reel jets.

By 11.13pm the bathroom fire was under control. But flames had spread to the attic.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus to gain access to the attic and extinguished the fire.

A fire victim support unit was on hand to assist the occupants.

Last crews left the scene at 1.05am on Monday 9th April.

For more on this story see this week's Worksop Guardian - out Thursday 12th April.