Carlton’s Grand Hall
This beautiful building situated in Carlton, was once a hunting lodge. Constructed in the early 17th century by the Clifton family, Carlton Hall was then sold on to the Mellish family of Blyth and Hodsock in 1765.
Neither families ever lived in the hall, and the village was therefore regarded as an ‘open village’. Photo taken from our archives.