The stressed mum-of-four, who did not want to be named, told how since the closure she and other frustrated parents had now been told the school would not be responding to ‘individual queries’.
However the worried mum, working full-time from home, says the school has ‘clammed up’ over its reasons for not providing places at school for the children of key workers.
She said: “We’ve been told the school is closed indefinitely but what does indefinitely mean?”
In a message sent to parents at about 12.30pm on Sunday a school spokesman wrote that learning would now be online for all - including vulnerable and key worker children.
The school wrote: “As we are a small school and have no additional space we feel that offering provision, should staffing this provision be possible, would compromise the speed of return for all other children.”
However the concerned mum - who is a key worker along with her husband - told the Guardian: “I’m a bit confused because as far as I’m aware the school hasn’t changed since the summer and they were providing for vulnerable and key worker children then.
“If we could understand why they were taking this decision then we might get an idea how long the school will be closed - will it be a couple of weeks or will it be until April?”
She described how her four-year-old son, who joined reception in September, had now spent ‘more time at home than at school’ following two other closures since the start of the academic year.
The school closed days early last month for the Christmas holidays - with parents receiving a message at 8.20am as they prepared to drop children off for the day.
She said: “I’m a manager of a large department and so I know that if you’re facing a resource problem you should know that early.
“I’m particularly frustrated that the school now say they won’t be reacting to individual queries.”
A spokesperson for the school told the Guardian no-one was available to comment ‘as we are busy trying to work to get school open as soon as possible’.