TESCO have denied claims that an injunction is preventing them from continuing work on their new Worksop store.
Last week, we reported that after concerns that construction work on the site new Tesco store near Carlton Road and Blyth Road had ground to a halt, the supermarket chain said that the new branch would be open by the end of 2013.
However, rumours were rife that an injunction regarding footpaths was preventing further work on the store - a claim that Tesco have denied.
A Tesco spokesman said: “We are in the process of securing a footpath diversion order, which is not unusual in schemes of this nature and is simply a procedural step to be resolved with the Council before we will undertake any further works on site.”
“We are in a positive dialogue with the Council and other stakeholders in relation to this order”
Eddie Brennan from Notts County Council’s Rights of Way team added: “Bassetlaw District Council has consulted with us regarding a number of paths which previously crossed the site of the new Tesco store.”
“We are currently liaising with Bassetlaw District Council and Tesco about the best way to accommodate public paths within the new development.”
- See Friday’s Guardian for the full story
- What do YOU think of the development and the amount of time it’s taking to be completed? Get in touch and let us know