Police are appealing after a series of shed and garage burglaries in Worksop.
If you can offer help or information with any of the following incidents call Notts Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
• Offenders were disturbed after breaking into a garage to a property on Canterbury Close in Worksop at about 9.10pm on Friday 25th April 2014. Fishing tackle was stolen from inside the garage. Quote incident number 000914-25042014.
• A shed to a property on Lincoln Street in Worksop was broken into between 10pm on Saturday 26th and 3.50am on Sunday 27th April 2014. Two pedal cycles were stolen. One was a Lappiere bike and the other was a Boardman mountain cycle. A socket and ratchet set were also stolen. Quote incident number 000155-27042014.
• A shed to a property on Devonshire Street in Worksop was entered between 10pm on Monday 28th and 6am on Tuesday 29th April 2014. A moped was stolen from inside with registration number YN12ECZ. Quote incident number 000092-29042014.
• A garage on Stanley Street was entered between 11pm on Monday 28th and 2.20pm on Tuesday 29th April 2014. A Honda CBR600 motorcycle bearing the registration number S97RHE was stolen from within. Quote incident number 000478-29042014.
In light if these incidents Notts Police issued the following crime prevention advice:
- Fit a tough pad bar (also called hasp and staple) secured with coach bolts and a strong padlock to the shed door.
- Replace standard hinges with strap hinges secured by coach bolts or use security screws on existing hinges.
- Fit a battery-operated shed alarm.
- Chain tools, cycles and other valuable equipment together or to a ground anchor using a high security chain.
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com Immobilise helps Police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK.
- It is better not to fit windows to sheds. However, if yours has a window, fit a window grille and/or a frosted window film to stop a potential thief seeing what’s inside your shed.
- Install outside security lighting operated by either movement sensor or photo electric cell (Dusk till Dawn light) to the garden area, giving coverage to the shed.
To speak to someone about protecting your property and reducing your chances of becoming a victim of crime, call 101 ext. 800 3011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org