Dukeries Garden Centre near Worksop is inviting families to have fun with a range of activities this half term.
From nest box decorating to a wildlife themed drawing competition, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at the Welbeck centre.
Visitors will also have the chance to ask any burning bird or wildlife related questions of a range of experts who will be there from Tuesday 19th - Friday 22nd February.
Here is a run-down of all the activities going on during the week.
- Saturday 16th February: Make your own nesting treats, all day activity. Give your garden birds a helping hand as they start nesting this February.
- Saturday 16th - Sunday 24th February: Wildlife hunts going on all day
- Monday 18th February: Nest box decorating. Sessions run 10am – 10.30am, 11am – 11.30am and 2pm – 2.30pm. Get all the kit you need to create a home for your feathered garden friends, for just £5. Sessions are limited to 10 children per session and adults must remain with their child to assist.
- Wednesday 20th February: Mask making sessions all day. Calling all crafty children to make their best animal mask, be it a falcon, a fox or a frog.
- Sunday 17th and Thursday 21st February: Fancy dress competition, all day. Children are invited to come along in their wackiest outfits. There will be an animal lolly prize up for grabs for anyone who comes in fancy dress.
- Saturday 23 February: Drawing competition 10am - 12 noon. Children can draw a picture of their favourite British creature at home and bring it along to the garden centre to feature in a gallery for everyone to admire the entries. There will be a prize up for grabs for the winner.
- Sunday 24th February: Finger puppets making all day. Love putting on a show for your family and friends? Go along to the centre and make your own wildlife finger puppet friends.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Worksop
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East