A HOUSE has been badly damaged by fire in Carlton.
Emergency services were called to the blaze at a semi-detached house in Arundel Drive around 2.40am.
The fire was started by cabling in an electric blanket said a Notts Fire and Rescue Service spokesman.
Two people who were in the house had escaped before the fire service arrived and were taken to hospital. A woman suffered smoke inhalation, while a man had burns to his hands.
The fire caused severe damage to the house, and also damaged a neighbouring property.
The fire service were at the scene for over five hours.