Nottinghamshire has got plenty of ideas if you’re looking to take the kids out as the summer break gets into full swing.
Take a look over our list of some of the attractions on offer around the county.
Find your wings at the National Forest
The calendar of events at Sherwood Forest Country park includes a day of stories and displays of medieval hunting skills that bring the legend of Robin Hood to life on August 21. The rest of the calendar includes:
- Summer Trail from Saturday 23 July - Sunday 4 September
- I-Spy Trail from Monday 1 August - Sunday 7 August
- Chris Miller Falconry Walks on Wednesday 10 August 10, 17, 20 24 & 31.
- Bat Walk on Saturday 20 August
Visit the Sherwood Forest website for more details.
Go Wild at the Attenborough Nature Reserve
There’s plenty going on at the wildlife sanctuary near Beeston all through the summer with insect walks and holiday clubs:
- Insect Walk for Beginners, Saturday 30th July 2016
- Wildlife Explorers - August 2, 4, 9 & 11
- Health Walk Saturday, August 6
- Summer Bird Identification Walk - Saturday, August 6
- Nature Walk - Sunday, August 7
Find out more here.
Deer spotting at Wollaton Hall
Enjoy the stunning parkland surroundings of the glorious 16th Century manor (famously home to Bruce Wayne), where the deer roam free, or explore the Courtyard Stables - home to an Industrial Museum, Steam Engine House, Visitor Centre and the Yard Gallery.
Mansfield Summer Festival
Mansfield District Council kick-starts the school holidays with the first of three summer festivals on July 26 from 10am to 3pm at King George V Park - with fun for the whole family (even the dog).
The day includes a fun dog show, egg and spoon races, arts and craft activities, reptile handling, climbing wall and pony rides. Yes that’s right, your daughter CAN have a pony. She can’t take it home though. Plenty more on offer - click here for more details.
Play days in Broxtowe
From circus skills, KMX Carting and face painting to an inflatable slide and castle and make and take stalls, there’s something for the whole family at the events which each run from 12.00pm until 4.00pm. The calendar includes:
- Nuthall Play Day - Tuesday 2nd August, Basil Russell Playing Fields, Nuthall
- Beeston Rylands Play Day - Thursday 4th August, Trent Vale Road Community Sports Field, Beeston
- Stapleford Play Day - Wednesday 10th August, Ilkeston Road Recreation Ground