Fire crews battle Worksop house blaze

Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217f
Fire Service.Generic Fire engine and Fire service officers for Scarborough.Picture Richard Ponter 132217f

Fire crews from Worksop were called to a house blaze today in the town, today, Saturday 2nd May.

The crews received the call at 11.52am to attend the scene at Abingdon View.

It was thought a dryer in a utility room had overheated, sparking the fire.

They used four breathing apparatus, two hose-reel jets and a ventilation fan to bring the flames under control by 12.29pm.

A family of four were able to escape unhurt.

Firefighter Kevin Taylor said: “It was contained in a small utility room and there was smoke damage.

“Fortunately, the family were awake and it was fitted with working smoke alarms.”