Computer fire in Worksop family home

Editorial image
Editorial image
0
Have your say

A family narrowly avoided their house being burned down while they slept after their computer caught fire in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).

Parents and two children were woken by a smoke alarm in their Royds Crescent home around 2am.

The fire was managed by the quick thinking parent who smothered it with a quilt.

Fire crews were called out to the scene in Rhodesia.

But watch manager Ian Cooper said the family had a lucky escape.

He said: “It was lucky the family had a smoke alarm otherwise the fire could have spread and it could have been much worse, possibly fatal.”

He urged people to ensure their smoke alarms were in fully working order.