MORE than seven-out-of-10 electric blankets tested during a recent safety event in Manton were found to be faulty.
Notts Trading Standards offered the test to elderly and disabled people as part of a winter safety initiative.
One of the blankets brought in was more than 50-years-old, and officers say they should be changed every 10 years.
Anyone who had a faulty electric blanket was given the chance to exchange it for a brand new replacement.
Faulty electric blankets have directly caused nine house fires in Nottinghamshire since April 2009, all of which could have been prevented if they had been tested.
People wanting their blanket tested should contact Trading Standards on 01623 452 005 to assess demand for future testing events.